Address: 6th district, Andrássy út 3
How to get there: Metro M1 to Bajcsy-Zsilinszky út, Bus 4, 105
Open: 10am-6pm Apr 1-Oct 31, 10am-4pm Nov 1-Mar 31, closed on Mondays
The collection was established around 1896, and became a permanent exhibition in 1955. It was moved to its present location in 1972. The building, part of the World Heritage, preserved valuable interior decorations of the turn of the 19th century. Its architect was Győző Czigler, the style is eclectic. The apartment, hosting the exhibition, once belonged to the wealthy Saxlehner family.
The museum's collection consists of over 21,000 objects, 150,000 documents and 13,000 books, detailing the history of the Hungarian postal service. The exhibit includes a mock 19th-century post office, and a vintage mail vehicle.