Address: 5th district, Deák tér
Built mostly from 1797 to 1808, the imposing structure reflects the extreme simplicity and grace of early Classic lines. In 1856, the tympanum was added, with the main frontage. Lending its character to the square around it, this imposing its characteristic Doric columns. The excellent acoustics of the building make it a popular venue for organ recitals. The history of Lutheranism in Hungary can be traced at an exhibition next door, at the National Lutheran Museum.