Address: 8th district, Illés u. 25
Open: 9:00-16:00, Mon-Thurs and Sat-Sun, 9:00-12:00 on Fridays
In the heart of the 8th district, an estate, which once belonged to the Festetics family, contains Hungary's first botanic garden. It was established in 1771, and it was moved to its present location in 1847. The garden includes over 7000 species and plant varieties. Its Palm-House (Pálmaház) grows a rich collection of cactuses, bromeliads and orchids, along with various tropical and subtropical plants.